Thursday, June 29, 2006

A month. I've been here for a month now and I can't believe how fast it has flown by. I've spent this week recovering from a brutal sun burn. When we left New Orleans, we took the kids to Galveston for a free day. I think the last time I went swimming was the summer after my Junior year in high school, so needless to say my skin is feeling the painful affects of spending a day at the beach after seven years of hibernation. I'm never going outside again.

Here's some more New Orleans pictures.

This is looking through a front door.


I think that is a wedding dress hanging on the mail box.


Cleaning out a pantry. Gross.


Looting is still a huge problem. People can't begin remodeling their houses because all of the tools, supplies, and furnishings will be stolen.


Two of our work groups at a finished house.


9th ward

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed