Monday, July 24, 2006

Okay I must say, camp wore me out. I do not heart camp anymore after last week. It's interesting how heat follows me. I came up to Kansas this summer hoping for a little break from the Texas heat, this has been one of Kansas' hottest summers though. Last week at camp in central Missouri, we just happened to be there during the hottest week of the year. Our last day there, the temp was 106 degrees. Yes, that's right, 106 degrees with no air conditioning... anywhere. We measured the temperature in the cabins at 120. I've never been so hot in all my life. I remember actually thinking, "If I stayed here much longer, I could literally die." I didn't pee in my pants though, so that's a plus.

Two weeks from today I'll be leaving Kansas. I just can't believe that. How sad am I! I get emotional just thinking about it. So, no more typing about it.

2 comments:

Robby and Lynsey said...

That sounds like my weekend! SOrry you had a whole week of it, though! I can't believe you only have two weeks left...

the Kimberlins said...

ah, I am so sorry! I can't stand the heat! Don't like it at all. I am looking forward to this next week at Pine Springs...the high for the week is 87 degrees, oh its like heaven after the heat waves we've had here. And I am proud of you for surviving camp, 106 and 120 inside...you are a better person then I. Love you sue!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed