Monday, November 05, 2007

I love David Crowder. Maybe you didn't catch that. I LOVE David Crowder. So, this weekend as I traveled to St. Louis for the Youth Specialties conference, I was most excited that the David Crowder Band would be leading worship. So here's the story. I hurried to get the best seat I could. Here's my view:

After the session I knew I'd be able to find him somewhere. I went over to this little side curtain area, in true stalker form, and there he was!!!! Score big daddy. When he got around to shaking my hand I started freaking out a bit, which I think freaked him out a little too. I had on my David Crowder Band shirt for the occasion and didn't have any of my cds, so I asked him to sign my t-shirt. I was thinking upper front shoulder area, but as I pointed to it I realized that was really close to the boob area. So then I said, 'oh I don't want to make you uncomfortable, where do you want to sign?' And he said, 'we've moved well past the point of uncomfortable.' Yes, I'm a total stalker freak show. So, here is the picture of us finding an 'appropriate' spot for signage:


Here he is actually signing the shirt:


And here's the last picture of us. It's a nice one, huh. At the end of the experience I apologized to the rest of the people standing around for the spectacle I'd made of myself. And Crowder said thanks for my enthusiasm and excitement about his music. All in all, it was the perfect moment.

6 comments:

Lesley said...

If there's one thing I'm scared of it's a freaking out Sue. Hey, are you going to be here at all for the holidays? If so, definitely give us a call...we'd love to see you!

Amy said...

AWESOME!! I love freaked out Sue! I wish I could have been there with you with my dcb shirt on. He's got to be one to the weirdest looking people I've ever seen, but I sure love his music! I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

Cool Sue! I know that must have been quite a moment! Kealan is a little scared by the "boy holding lulu"
She likes to "look at Lulu on the puter" Love you! Can't wait to see you!

Robby and Lynsey said...

Only you! :) You are too funny. And the dude can sing .. but he's got some crazy hair going on. :) Not that that matters ... I'm just pointing it out - as if no one has noticed that yet. :) haha I'm here to help...

Allison said...

At least you are the funniest stalker anyone could ever have. I love you!

the Kimberlins said...

GREAT story Sue, to you get him to sign a "Good Reader" certificate? We printed a couple out for Mark & Beth to get signed when we were in San Diego.
I think we are all going to the one in Pittsburg next year, will you be there? It would be great to see you.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed