Sunday, December 16, 2007

What is it about dreams that is so freaky. Last night I dreamed about my 'family.' In this dream was my mom and two little sisters. Now, I don't have any sisters, so their entire existence was completely fictional. But my mom was a spot on match. Everything was exactly realistic from her voice and hair cut to her snowman pajamas. That's so weird. And I woke up not knowing where I was. I was so freaked out by the experience that I couldn't fall back asleep. I was also scared. I was sure someone was in my apartment.

When I was a little girl, I would pray the same little prayer every night. I always prayed that our house wouldn't be broken into and that I wouldn't have a bad dream. I may repeat that prayer again tonight before I fall asleep.

I'm a little embarrassed by this post. Clearly I need some deep therapy.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I love that you remember your prayer. Elizabeth prays this "Thank you God, that if Lions, Tigers, Bears, Dinosaurs, or Witches (at this point she usually counts them out on her fingers to make sure she named them all) come please protect me. Amen."

Ashley said...

I used to pray, "Dear God, Please help me to fall asleep quickly, sleep all through the night, and wake me up when you want me to". I was like 17 and still praying this.

I would love to meet your little sisters. Hilarious

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed