Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Why do people put tennis balls on the legs of their walkers? I cannot figure it out. Wouldn't it make it more slippery? Or is that what they're going for? This world has so many unanswered questions!

Anyways, a little followup to my previous diary entry...
Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts in response to my struggles. As a minister, I think I've forgotten what it's like to be ministered to. Following my post, a friend of mine sent me message and said she wanted to meet with me about what I had written. Immediately, I assumed she must have some similar struggle and would like me to help her through it or minister to her in some way- which is something I'm always happy and honored to do. At our Starbucks meeting, I was pleasantly surprised when she simply wanted to listen to me and help me. She sat there and offered me exactly what I needed, a friend.
As far as the food stuff goes, I'm seeking out some help and I feel better about the whole situation. God is blessing me in some really wonderful ways right now and I am filled with deep gratitude and a desire to seek Him more.

About the awkward social interaction. Although some of you have asked for a detailed description of events, I just cannot offer it. The encounter involved the ex-husband of someone close to me and it would be very insensitive of me to make light of the situation in my usual silliness. Just know that you would have laughed at me and my ridiculous show of social awkwardness. I should have just run away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tennis balls prevent the walker from grabbing on floor materials and uneven surfaces. It does help the walker slide providing a smoother motion for the unsteady ambulator (I didn't want to use the word walker twice in the same sentence). ==Leanne

Allison said...

The real question is, have you seen the new cool walkers? they have 3 really big tires and it is a triangle shape. All the cool old people have one. They are hip. Actually I think Caleb secrectly covets them and want to "drive" one around everytime we go see my grandmother. They are so fast they even have a hand brake. :P I love you!

Carol Van Atta, Princess Warrior said...

I so understand the difficulty of being in ministry and needing to be ministered to. For me, I have to look at my pridefulness. I try to keep my "I'm okay mask" on using the excuse that I have to be "together" to help others. God has sure taught me (with love) a thing or two about that. Asking for help is still a challenge for me, but I'm getting better. Thank you, Lord. I appreciated you honesty.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed