Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I've been meaning to blog about this for awhile. Last month my cousin, Kenny, passed away after an incredible battle with cancer. He was a police officer with the Austin police force for 30 years. His funeral was unlike anything I've ever seen. First of all, I've never seen so many cops in one room. The funeral was the greatest showing of respect I've every seen. The weather was cold and rainy which seemed quite fitting.

I've been blown away by Kenny since his diagnosis. I've never seen someone face such difficult circumstances with such a positive attitude and will to live. He never stopped fighting even in the very end. If a fighting spirit alone could cure cancer, Kenny would have been cured the day after his diagnosis.

Here is a link to the news coverage of his funeral.
KVUE Story

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed